Tableau is widely deployed government, retail and wholesale banks including insurance companies, money managers and analysts from both the BUY and SELL sides. The ability to connect to multiple data sources, perform quick visual analysis at allows one to adapt quickly to changes in requirements, present multiple users with one version of dashboards and analysis stage, and many others are crucial to retain customers faith in the system and remain competitive, especially with the recent fiasco at Wall Street and general sentiments that surrounds the industry.
How & Where?
As long as you’ve got data that are spread out everywhere and you need to make super quick analysis on the current situations and be able to report and share your finding with others, You’ll NEED Tableau. Few organizations and industry typified those needs better than The Financial Services Industry. They use it for internal, and client levels reporting, real time operational monitoring, root cause analysis, problems analysis, exploratory analysis, etc, etc. The possibilities are endless!
Examples of use (but not limited to) are as follows :
- Web based tools for clients and sales to track savings and investments with What-If analysis capabilities to help clients understand effects of changes in their portfolios
- Customer segmentation analysis to identify growth opportunities from certain demographics to better plan product releases and offerings.
- Risk analysis across the board in home and business loans, investments, M&A, capital planning and allocations, etc.
- Operational metrics to track staffs productivity and ability to meet datelines.
- Financial product analysis for better understanding of customer’s responses, product performances and evaluations for planning purposes as well as for monitoring purposes
- Spend and budget variance analysis to better manage budgets by understanding up to date performances of budget Vs. allocations, year over year comparisons, etc.
- Securities analysis: Use data to drive down trading cost, reduce portfolio risk, identify patterns on suspicious trading activities, and look for opportunities.
- Attribution analysis: Quickly drill down and dynamically zoom in on key metrics, hot segments, country drifts, styles, etc.
- Portfolio Analysis: Allows managers and analyst to drill down on performances of current holdings and be able to “play” with the filters and What-If analysis to unfold different scenarios and conditions.
- RBC Wealth Management – US (Click Here to download)
- Rosenblatt Securities Data Analysis (Click Here to download)
** Case studies are from Tableau Software and used strictly for promotional activities of Tableau Software in South East Asia and Taiwan R.O.C. Visit www.tableausoftware.com for more information